Top 5 Questions about Cachaça
Many people still have doubts about the main ingredient of caipirinha. So we picked five recurring questions about Cachaça and we answered it all. Still have questions? Leave us comments.
1) What is cachaça ?
Cachaça is a distilled spirit made from pure sugarcane juice produced in Brazil. Yes, it is distillated and can only be produced in Brazil.
2) How do you pronounce it ?
Cachaça is pronounced (kah-SHAH-sa), emphasis on the ‘SHA. Do not be shy, you can pronounce correctly. It's not that hard. =)
3) What is the Difference Between Rum and Cachaça ?
Actually there are many differences Between Rum and Cachaça. Although both are made from sugar cane, process, specifications, alcohol content, barrels and the taste are completely different. We made a post just to highlight those differences.
4) How do you use Cachaça?
Cachaça is a consumed pure, with ice or as a ingredient to make nice cocktails, like caipirinha, batida or rabo-de-galo.
5) When was the first desiltation of cachaça ?
According to Luís da Câmara Cascudo version, in his book Prelude to Cachaça, first was distilled in 1532 in São Vicente, Brazil.
You Might Also Like:
- The art of aging cachaça in barrels
- Perfect caipirinhas, how to make it ?
- Rio de Janeiro and caipirinhas
- Incredible recipes for cachaça cocktails